Cheap Home Grow had the pleasure of talking to Liam of Purple Growers on Instagram.
Liam is a Candian home grower from Halifax Nova Scotia. He has been growing his own for a few years and today he comes on the show to answer your common cannabis growing questions and the benefits of growing autoflowers.
Show Highlights and Summary:
– Liam is from Halifax Novica Scotia
– Has been growing for a few years and enjoys learning about the plant
Difference in seeds
– When you grow cannabis, grow a female plant
– Regular seeds have a mix of male/female genetics
– Feminized seeds are already female
– Liam is a big fan of autoflower
Benefits of Autoflower
– 18/6 light cycle
– Start to bud on there own
– Make sure to have proper nutrient intake
– Low maintenance
– Usually flower in 10 weeks
– You can have multiple generations at one time
– Easy on the space
– Stress training isn’t a huge priority
– Don’t have to worry about managing your light
– It’s a lot less labor intensive for the grower
My seed didn’t germinate. How come?
– Have a wet/damp environment
– Focus on the growing environment
– Make sure it’s clean
– A lot of it comes down to the seed itself
– Look at the humidity of the room
– How old are the seeds
– Control the temperature (78 degrees – 82 degrees)
– Make sure the environment is moist and nothing drys out
– Have a heater close by if you’re in a cold environment
– Also, have a humidity gauge
What happens if the seed looks yellow?
– It probably won’t germinate
– A good looking seed is usually dark
PH too high?
– It’s going to stunt growth
– Leaves will start to discolor
Subscribe To The Cheap Home Grow Podcast