Cheap Home Grow was pleased to talk to home grower “Jennie” aka MissNewtyGrows on Instagram. She comes on the show to talk about strategic defoliation and plant training. She talks how important it is to use the methods and techniques she espouses to help bring better yields to your grow. Jennie has an interesting background as a home grower. She’s relatively new to the game of growing your own and she’s currently going to school in Canada. At the end of the show, she mentioned she would love to move to Oregon so if anyone that’s looking to hire a talented home grower from Canada please feel free to reach out to Jennie.
Show Highlights and Summary:
– Jennie is from northern Alberta, Canada
– Started growing one year ago because of stomach issues
– Learned how to grow via Instagram and 420Magazine
What’s Strategic Defoliation?
– Increase yield and airflow so less chance of mold and disease going into flower
– Start young and plucks
– When they get big and round that’s when Jennie starts to defoliate (they look like a lollipop)
What’s Topping and Quadding?
– Topping is taking the main branch/bud redirects it’s energy to the other main branch
– Quadding is taking basically training the plant
Air Flow and Growing Cannabis:
– For plants to thrive plants need airflow. Airflow can help stop mold or mildew
How do you stress-strain?
– Start small with low-stress training (growweedeasy.com)
– Airflow and letting light in
– Equipment used: Dollar store equipment
– Air Pot
Jennie Grow Pictures:
Jennie aka MissNewtyGrows on Instagram:
Subscribe To The Cheap Home Grow Podcast