Cheap Home Grow is pleased to bring on the show this week, Mike. Mike is a home grower from the west coast. Today he joins us to talk about growing in hydroponics. He’s only been growing for a few years but he offers practical advice and insightful tips when starting your first hydro grow.
When talking with Mike I can tell he’s extremely passionate about the plant. I asked him the reason for wanting to grow and it’s because he was tired of Washington state onerous cannabis prices. He opted to learn how to grow his own and he’s never looked back.
Show highlights and Notes:
– Mike grows in Hydro (deep water culture)
– Born/raised in Seattle
– Somewhat new to growing cannabis
– Loves the journey of growing cannabis
– Started to grow because he couldn’t find a steady source of what he liked/preferred
– Grows Indicas
Growing in Hydro. What should I do?
– Grow Weed Easy
– Cali Green on YouTube
– Hydro is a clean setup
– Not many pests or bugs when growing in hydro
– Potentially larger yields
– Plants grow faster
– Less maintenance
– Grows indoors and in tents so mold isn’t an issue so far.
– Veg tent 50% – 60% Humidity
– Flower side 40% – 50% (buckets enclosed)
How does it cost does it cost growing in Hydroponics?
– Initial Grow ($30.00)
– Spent $100 tent, $50 fan, $50 LED grow light
– Went to OfferUp and found larger tents (maybe $200 for tents)
– Containers were purchased at Walmart
– Under $1000.00 for grow set up and nutrient cost
– Under $2000.00 for the entire set up
Subscribe To The Cheap Home Grow Podcast