Matthew Gates comes on the show again to talk about root aphids. He’s an IPM specialist from Southern California. He’s been on the show multiple times and has spoken about cannabis pest control myths and which diseases to watch out for when growing your own.
We’re fortunate enough to have him come on the show again to discuss how a home grower can effectively get rid of root aphids. He talks about the benefits a home grower has over a commercial grower while trying to get rid of aphids and also talks a little bit about hydroponics and aphids.
This show is short, but it’s full of information you’ll enjoy listening too!
Show Highlights and Summary:
How does a home grower attack the problem of root aphids?
– Home Grow offers a few advantages
– Fewer plants to deal with which means you can offer greater care to the other plants you have in your garden (crop scouting)
– Grow from seed thus eliminating the need to grow from clones
– Grow through it
– Sanitize area after harvest or get rid of the plant during harvest
– Learn about Pest Control Methods On Matthews YouTube Channel
Hydroponics and Root Aphids
– In hydro you can’t separate the aphids from the root ball itself
– You can use a drenches
Subscribe To The Cheap Home Grow Podcast